All the focus is on the three major center-right candidates: Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, and Chris Christie. By jumping out early, each is laying his particular claim to portions of their common base of donors, consultants, party leaders, and voters.
But from Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Scott Walker, and Rick Santorum, we hear little or nothing. Mike Huckabee started the process of running by resigning his Fox News gig, but hasn’t gone farther. We hear no public statements, no confrontations with the establishment candidates, no calls to action from the ranks of would-be conservative candidates. The silence is becoming deafening!
Meanwhile, the country has a collective case of nausea at the prospect of charging into the middle of the second decade of the new century with candidates firmly rooted in the politics of twenty years ago. Yet another Bush (Bush III let’s start calling him). A recycled Romney. And a Clinton. Has America nothing else to offer?
It’s as if some sense of economic frugality has induced us all to reuse the old bumper stickers on our old clunkers rather than having to paste on new ones. Better we had traded them in, bumper stickers and all, while we could still get federal cash for them!
Among the conservatives, only Paul Ryan has moved decisively…in reverse, announcing his non-candidacy.
Surely there must be somebody out there with their own last name!
The 2016 Buzz — All The Latest News on the Candidates and Issues.
Click Here to view the 2016 Buzz!
Here’s a sample of today’s featured articles:
• Ted Cruz: Abolish IRS and Reform Taxes
• Jeb’s Coziness With Energy Industry and Policies Benefitting Them May Cause Problems For Him in 2016
• Peggy Noonan: Don’t Do IT Mr. Romney
• TIME: Mike Huckabee’s Encore In Iowa
• CNN: Could Chris Christie Be Bullied Out of 2016?
• Rand Paul Says He Is A Judicial Activist
• Murdock Undecided But Likes Jeb, Rand Paul; Finds Christie and Walker Interesting, Ted Cruz Smart, But Romney “Terrible Candidate”
View my most recent videos in case you missed them!